Thursday, June 3, 2010

Giraffes Can't Dance


Last night, as I was putting my youngest to bed, he asked me to read Giraffes Can't Dance. I have to say that I love this book and have each and every time we read it, but last night it really struck me that this is exactly what Monday's "Flying Lesson" was all about.

The last page says,
Then he raised his head and looked up at the moon & stars above
"We all can dance," he said, "when we find music that we love."

Even as I sit here typing this, it is more & more obvious, this whole book can sum up what is true in a creative business... our fears & self consciousness hold us back from doing something, but often it is that one small voice that makes up push through and find our place where we can dance... fly... swim...

Explanatory note: I am blogging this whole thing because I am really trying to "find my voice" as Kelly says. I really feel like my writing is akward and that's normally why I keep these kinds of crazy ideas inside my head. Supposedly, I will get better... let's keep our fingers crossed on that.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping in from Flying Lessons!

    Really like this post! As a new Mom I am always finding insight and inspiration from my baby girl's books & children's shows. Maybe I'm just a kid at heart :)

    I like the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so lovely and true. Am popping in to say hi to people whilst I have a window of time (from Kelly's e-course!) There are many beautiful blogs out there.

    The course is bringing up all sorts of potential posts for me, and I'm yet to write them!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete