Saturday, July 24, 2010

Excuse me, but everyone knows you're crazy!

moonshine porcelain button in antique green

I have posted before about this "crazy" worry (here and here).  Clearly I am revealing my deepest secret in these entries.  I am worried that I will be found out, but on the other hand, I know that I have ALREADY  been found out.  Sometimes I am completely ok with that, relieved even.  Then there are other times when I am desperately trying to hide.  For instance, even though I know I need to put myself out there for the world to see, I am so afraid to ask my friends to "like" my Facebook page or... gulp... read this blog. 




My husband and I love the old movie "Bringing Up Baby".  It is a ridiculous movie, but (again revealing too much) we find it hysterical because it is us... I am the disorganized and emotional Susan (played by Katharine Hepburn) and he is the uptight, methodical David (played by Cary Grant).  Sometimes it seems like everything I do is the equivalent of bringing a leopard in the house.  In one scene, David is trying to offer some serious information and another character says, "Excuse me, Mr. Boney, but everyone knows your crazy!"  So, this has sort of become our cue to each other when it becomes apparent that we are getting off track.  It's easy to be crazy when you know you will be loved in spite of it, but not so easy when you know that people may reject you because of that craziness.  

So I am lucky and blessed to have people who will stick with me in spite of my craziness... and who unfortunately share this sickness with me.  My sister, who on this blog is the silent half of this partnership, is very much the creative lead.  It is her artistic talent and inspiration that are at the heart of KokoNoelle. 

She is totally going to love this...


5 comments:

  1. I just "liked" you on FB. Even if your real life friends aren't crazy like you, if it's any consolation, you're not the only crazy one! there are LOTS of us out here! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone is crazy in their own way so don't worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, yes, I think we all feel this way sometimes, at least I do, but then again, everyone knows I'm crazy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone else posted we are all a little crazy in our own ways. I think a key to happiness is learning to accept & love our eccentric quirks & finding others who can love them too. To steal a quote from the movie The Family Stone we should all " Let our freak flags fly" proudly & without fear :).

    My hubby & I love Bringing Up Baby as well. In fact it helped bring us together! We met on an online discussion board & our first conversation was about this movie.

    ReplyDelete